Pages

01 March 2011






Prophet Moses is called Kaleemullah (the one, who talks to God), because he was the one,  on whom God has conferred the honour of talking to him. One day, he was going to Mount Sinai to talk to God. On the way, he found a person sitting on a big boulder praying to God. When he saw Moses passing by him, he told him, “O Moses! You are a prophet very dear to God. You are going to meet God. Please request God on my behalf to do justice to me. I am meditating, sitting on this boulder, for the past 40 years.” Moses said, “I shall certainly convey your request to God. That is, after all, my duty itself - to convey God’s message to people and People’s message to God.”  He proceeded to Mount Sinai, spoke to God and also conveyed the devotee’s request to God. He was returning home in the same path that he had taken while going. To his surprise, he found that the person, who had requested him, was lying underneath the big boulder, and the boulder was set on top of him. God has accepted the request of the devotee. He had requested for justice. being done to him by God. And God has rendered absolute justice. For 40 years he was sitting on top of the boulder and for 40 years, the boulder will sit on top of him. 
We have always to implore upon God to have mercy on us, but not to do justice to us, because God always renders absolute justice. The justice He renders is not like a judgment given by some worldly judge, because God has full knowledge of everything including the unseen and what is hidden in our hearts too, and  so His judgment would never be wrong. Despite all our insolence and never caring for or thanking God for all His bounties, He is showering His mercies and bounties on us. We rarely thank Him. Even then he never stops showering His blessings on us.          

A Rejoinder

An old God-fearing person approached a sweet-meat vendor, gave a one rupee coin, and requested him to give him some sweetmeats. The vendor took the coin in his hand, saw it and threw it away. Seeing this, the old man fell down unconscious. All the people gathered around him, showered some water on his face. He woke up. The sweetmeat vendor told the old man, “Dear uncle! The coin that you had given me was a counterfeit one. So I have thrown it. I did not know that you would take it so seriously that you would fall unconscious. I am very sorry for that.” The old man said, “No. There is no mistake on your part. What you did is, what anybody would have done with a counterfeit coin, and that too of just one rupee. I have been offering lot of prayers to God, day and night, and I was doing lot of charity in the name of God. I was complacent and took it for granted that God will definitely bless me with Paradise. But, after you have thrown my coin because you found it to be counterfeit, wisdom dawned on me, and I wondered as to what would be my fate, if God also happened to throw on my face, all my prayers, and all my good deeds treating them to be counterfeit and done only to earn fame and name in this world rather than meant to please God and God alone. Because of this sudden awareness I lost my consciousness. I only thank you for opening my eyes, and making me realize how complacent I was about my treasure of good-deeds, rather than depending upon and imploring upon God to be kind enough to grant acceptance to my humble good deeds, and grant me Paradise.”    
             

No comments:

Post a Comment