Pages

12 March 2011



MYSTERIOUS REWARD


A person was going in a forest. Suddenly he heard a voice in the cloud above, saying, “Give water to the garden of a Mr. X.” The cloud followed the voice; it rained very heavily in a land where there were only stones. All the water accumulated into a stream, and the stream moved ahead. This person followed that stream. At the end of it, he found that there was a person standing in his garden and collecting this water with a shovel and watering his garden. He met that person and asked him, his name. He told the same name as he had heard being told to that cloud. The person, in the Garden, asked as to why he inquired his name. He replied, “In the cloud, from which this water has come, I heard a voice which instructed the cloud to give water to your garden. Please tell me what do you do that you have become so dearer to God.” He replied, “Now that you have asked, I am compelled to tell. I take stock of the complete produce from this garden. I divide it into three parts. One third of it, I give away in charity to the needy. One-third of it, I keep for myself and my family. The remaining one-third, I use for sowing in the same garden.”


God is great! What a surprise that God, by his Kindness and Mercy, arranges for the needs and accomplishes the works, of the people, who are obedient and devoted to Him, mysteriously, without the knowledge of anybody, and even the devotee himself! 

This was a story narrated by Prophet(p).


No comments:

Post a Comment