Pages

05 March 2011



Three Karmayogis


Prophet Muhammad (p) once narrated a very interesting story of three men. He (p) said, “Once three people were going on their journey. On the way, they were caught in a very heavy rain. To protect themselves from the rain, they entered a cave and sat there. A big boulder came down from the hill and fell right across the entrance of this cave. The opening of the cave got completely blocked. The three companions got frightened. The boulder was so big that it was beyond their capacity to move it. Added to that, the place itself was so uninhabited and deserted that there was none whom they could call for help. They were completely disappointed and thought that they are as good as buried alive, and this cave is now their grave. One of them said, “We should never lose hope on God and His mercies. Each one of us shall pray to God, giving reference of one of the best deeds of our life. I hope God, out of His   mercy, shall certainly  find a way for us from out of this cave. “


Story of the first Traveler



One of those travelers started telling:-

“O God! My father and mother were very old, and I had very small children. I used to graze the goats throughout the day, and return in the evening. After coming back to the house, I used to draw milk from my goats, and first offer milk to my parents. After feeding them, I used to give milk to my small children. Incidentally, one day, I went deep into the forest, and by the time I returned home, it was too late in the night. By that time, my parents had fallen asleep.

As usual, I drew milk from my goats, filled in a tumbler, and stood near the bed of my parents. I was waiting with the milk to give it to them, if they wake up. It was late in the night. My children were growing uneasy because of their hunger. They would come again and again; embrace my feet, cry, and demand milk from me. But I did not like to feed my children before my parents.  When my parents were sleeping on empty stomach, I did not like that my children should take rest with their stomachs full. It so happened, that I was standing all through the night, with the tumbler of milk in my hand, with my parents sleeping, and my children writhing with hunger. The complete night passed like this, and it was at last break of the dawn.

Oh God! If my intention of treating my parents like this, was only to please you, then you, with your mercy, please, remove the boulder from the mouth of this rock, and make way for us!”

The moment this traveler finished his supplication, the boulder moved from the cave and the sky was clearly visible. 

And then the second traveler started telling about his good deed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment